Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Back to Humility

You know, it took me awhile. With Joshua's inspiring speech, work became no longer work to me. It became meaning. Life Impacting. And after working in the shop, I'm beginning to appreciate customer service. Those who stand in the front line and take the fire of people's complaints and wants, and need for explanation despite lowly trained by company themselves. Even the waffle girl, whom I usually buy waffle with peanut butter from whenever I have a break or feel like grabbing a bite. I appreciate her standing there for so long just to have one customer to order and then cook for me while I have my toilet break and come back to get the waffle. It kind of became my routine. They are humans too. They are not the company, that promises you this and that etc. If you really equvilent it, it would be a better choice to put the boss = company. Afterall, they are the ones who come up with all the ideas etc. But whatever it is, I appreciate having a job whatever job it is. And I should be a hardworking and humble worker for my boss however he may be like. Because simply, my job is my responsibility. So from tomorrow, I will work with my heart. Not just with customers but also with the boss. (Cause the truth is, I lose motivation to work whenever I see my boss) Ok. I Shirley, will work with my heart for the customers and the boss.

No comments: